June 29, 2010

A first Ending

So this is turning out to be like my journal. Something that gets done about twice a year. Maybe I'll be better now that this is linked to my webpage. Well, Masters Degree Complete. I graduated from Indiana University, Jacobs School of Music in May. I am glad it is over. There are pros and cons to being at a world-class school. Pros: its world class, and its serious business. Everyone is amazing. Cons: its world class, and its serious business. Everyone is Amazing. You're probably thinking that I should proofread my blog after that last sentence, but you would be wrong. (well, you wouldn't be wrong, I should proofread, its just that the statement is true.) The fact that it is so good is both a pro and a con in my opinion. The opportunities and the teaching are phenomenal. You hear music that just inspires you every time you walk down the practice room hallway. Every single day I would hear someone practicing and just sigh to myself thinking, "I hope I can play like that someday." At first it is very inspiring. Until you learn that the person playing is a freshman. :) Pretty much Serious. Oh well. We all have such different journeys. So I am now graduated, I have moved to Arizona, and I am ready for the next fork in the road. I get a fresh start at Arizona State University, where I am starting my Doctorate Degree this fall. I am Super excited for the year, a new recital, a new teacher, and just the overall change of scenery. I am working on some Great pieces, challenging and wonderful. My teacher has me starting the Rach 2nd Sonata, A piece that I approach with holy reverence, as one of the greatest piano sonatas ever written. :) I'm gonna work my tail off to play it as it should be played. Wish me luck, I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment